Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cheap advertising campaign on cargobike

Through the years I've seen graphic advertising on vehicles -VW Beetles, Mini Coopers, Hummers, and of course city buses. I've been thinking my cargobike gets so much attention -there's often a few people looking it over where ever its parked- why not do graphic advertising on it?

I have a book I'm trying to promote, and I'm trying to stay close to $0 as possible on the marketing costs. I have an ideal bike for attracting attention. So why not put my own ad on it?

Then I got to thinking about how much a custom poster sized sticker would cost, and guessed it might be between $50 and $100, and I didn't even want to spend $20. So I decided to make my own poster and tape it to the bike.

Well, here is my very rough, very homemade, very hillbilly attempt at a serious marketing campaign. And if you want to know more about the book, here's the official page with free PDF of the book: http://athena-techne.appspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment