Friday, November 13, 2009

$118 in groceries and a big 22 month old boy

We've had our cargobike for a little over three weeks now. I've been riding it daily for fun/exercise or for true utility such as getting groceries or taking my son to the community center. Today I set a new personal record for load carrying capacity. I can't give the weight carried, but I can give the US dollar amount: $118. Along for the ride was my son North, who weighs over 30 pounds.

We rode on nearly flat terrain of the Burke-Gilman Trail for 1.2 miles, from the Ballard Fred Meyer to Fremont. Honestly, the only time I could feel the weight was when not pedaling it. Once the bike was underway there was not much to notice. On tabletop flat land I could have pedaled this amount of stuff all day.

It was fun having a big diaper box and lots of groceries filling the cargo box, made me feel like I was driving a serious rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment