Monday, November 2, 2009

My son North's first ride in the Bakfiets

My son is 21 months old. He cried the first time I placed his bicycle helmet on him. I had bad feelings about the first ride, especially with helmet on, so my plan today was to place him in the cargobike and only push it along -just a gentle introduction to bike riding. Everything was surprisingly going so well after a few blocks that I braved placing the helmet on him. He cried for mere seconds. Then I put on my helmet and started pedaling the bike.

North was totally happy. At the start, and through the whole trip. We were on the Burke-Gilman trail, and he was calling out to the birds as we went along. We rode on through Ballard, and to the Ship Canal Locks. On the way back we stopped at Fred Meyer for groceries, and a picnic snack of strawberry yogurt for North. We went to my favorite little vista park along the Ship Canal for a snack break. Then it was on home. Even at the last North was visibly enjoying the ride.

Dear Bakfiets, we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment